donderdag 12 maart 2015

Altered canvas/Wall hanging


                                         Good day to you my Blog friends ,

                         This morning while Mr.B and I were enjoying our coffee,
                               we saw how many signs of Spring we already
                                      have in our garden and I took some
                                            pictures to share with you.


                            In my last post I told you about my preparations
                           for my booth at the Victorian Christmas Fair 2015.
                                    It's my intention to keep you posted 
                                        and to share what I'm up to.
                             My dream is to make all of the products I sell.
                            I never realized I like Victorian, until I saw some
                            very beautiful creations in several Victorian shops
                         on the Internet. And when the owner of the wonderful                                     
                                                  "Oranjerie"
                                in Zeijen asked me in 2012 to join her Fair
                       I started to ask myself two things.....what is Victorian Style
                                and do I have my own style......and if so
                                           can I combine those ?
                            For I'd love to have a little Victorian gift shop
                         on the Christmas Fair....and I'd love to find myself
                                   in what I do. So that's my journey
                                   I hope to share with you this year.                                         
                         I have been thinking a lot of what I would like to see
                                      standing before a booth that says.........
                                      "Hand/Homemade Victorian gifts".
                    Don't you immediately think 'The Paradise' or 'Mr. Selfridge' ??
                                I know I do.............Have a lot to do now and
                                   hope to catch the feel I'm looking for......


                      So here's again my work table........I've learned that a lot
                            of you Ladies like to see some of the process of
                                   making and creating..........as I do : ).
                        It's not like a tutorial, just some shots to get the picture,
                          
                         followed by two wall hangings I made this week............  
                      
 Click Photo to enlarge.
                            

                    

                         Hope you enjoyed , see you next week !

                                          With Love,
                                                    Wilma.

                         I'm linking up with:





                        My apologies, if you're visiting from ROI,
                       for the scrolling.......I accidentally used
                                     a wrong URL : ).  


31 opmerkingen:

  1. Wilma,
    Such lovely items! Your creativity is so wonderful to see. I love the laces and all your lovely stitching and beading. The tiny artwork and details make each piece so special! A bit of you amidst the beauty of the rest. How like you! I knew as soon as I saw it that you made it! I saw it on Pinterest first!
    Lovely job my sweet friend!
    Hugs to you,
    Doni

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Doni, that is so encouraging !

      Hugs to you too !
      Wilma.

      Verwijderen
  2. Thank you for a little peek of Spring in your neck of the woods. I always love to come to your blog for inspiration, the boxes are incredibly beautiful! Jo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Jo. So nice to have you visiting !

      Verwijderen
  3. Dearest Wilma, your creations are so beautiful they almost make me cry. Not because I am sad but because they speak to me. How I would love to stroll along and find your beautiful art for sale in a booth. I am sure I would not even know where to start to look or how I could make a choice and pick something out to buy. Everything you touch is so beautiful.

    I wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy and Blessed Birthday. I hope your day is filled with all things beautiful.

    Warmest wishes,
    Beverly

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Beverly !! Thank you so much ! Your words are so encouraging. So sweet of you to tell me this. I would love to have you visit my booth : ) Thank you............I didn't realize you knew I had my birthday.

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Wilma.

      Verwijderen
  4. Wilma,
    These are stunning!! I was doing Victorian Crafts too but there is not really a market for it in the area where I am living. When I go part time at work, I hope to go back to selling on Ebay.
    I have many of the laces and other materials that you use so i can really appreciate the beauty of your crafts!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Debbie ! I'm happy to have some time to work for the Fair.
      Looking forward to seeing your creations !

      Hugs, Wilma.

      Verwijderen
  5. Hi WIlma...wow..that is beautiful! It would also make a beautiful wedding album cover! I was also drooling while looking at all your supplies and work space! I am workingon finding more "doilly" style laces too. Just something about them that says "shabby chic...but cool!".

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Cheri ! Yes, I think it will. I know, I love the Shabby Chic !

      Hugs, Wilma.

      Verwijderen
  6. Your bits and bobs of lace and jewels are beautiful inspiration.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Donna,
      I really hope they are ! Thank you so much for visiting !

      Blessings, Wilma.

      Verwijderen
  7. Beautiful! Yes, your lace and vintage things really make them stand out. Thank you so much for stopping by for "Let's Talk Vintage!" Hope to see you again next week! Nice "meeting" you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Jillian ! My pleasure !
      Good to make new friends : ).

      Blessings to you.
      Wilma.

      Verwijderen
  8. The things you make are gorgeous! I've been saving old lace and tid bits and would love to make a project like this someday. I'm going to put your blog in my artists blog list! Sweet hugs, Diane

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Diane, that is so very kind of you !! Encouraging.
      I was visiting your blog and signed up to be a follower.

      Hugs, Wilma.

      Verwijderen
  9. Your garden is very pretty with all the flowers, and your craft work is just gorgeous, Wilma.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Wilma, I love this beautiful beaded lace collage. I just bought a large lot of vintage linens and Irish linens and hope to do something similar. I will also use the laces on my pillows. Your work is incredibly beautiful and I love the beads work! Wow, I am going to look around some more. Such a talent you have!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. The flowers in your garden are so pretty. Oh my your lace and jewelry are so beautiful and i love old lace too.. It is drool worthy, just beautiful.. Thank your for stopping by and letting me know you liked my master bedroom reveal..it was really sweet of you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Wilma,
    Such beautiful things you make! I love your style, whether it is considered victorian or not! I have always loved making ....my style....I guess it is! My daughter calls it "County Baroque"... a bit odd I might say! I love the baroque of victorian, the tapestries and the velvets and the statues, but I shy away from the glitzy golds and the stiff collared look and the "victorian arrogance" look. Your style reminds me of my own, the soft beauties and warm colors, the inviting fabrics and pearls that warm, if any of that makes any sense! I tell her it's called "English Country", but she prefers her definition of my style! LOL
    so beautiful! I did receive your email, I will get back to you, sorry it has taken so long!
    hugs,
    Betsy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. What gorgeous pretties you make!! They would be a perfect bride's gift, or perhaps an anniversary present for the bride who's been a wife for a while. Such lovely things!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Wonderful creations, Wilma! All is so delicate and full of love! It's a delight visit your blog.
    Have a wonderful Easter!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Beautiful layering and embellishing, neat to see it come together

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Your creations are absolutely stunning! So much love and time into them that they are treasures for whoever receives them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. My dear, sweet friend.... I am always eager to see what you have been up to. Your creations are so enchanting and beautiful, Wilma :) You put so much time, effort, and love into the things you make and it shows.

    Thanks for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Have a blessed Easter, my friend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Hi Wilma,

    Lovely to discover your blog and see your very beautiful work you do.
    All the old lace and vintage photos are gorgeous.
    Happy Easter and hope you are having a lovely weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Absolutely gorgeous! Your work is amazing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. It's so fun to see pictures of "my Art" on your blog! Mine because you gave it to me, not because I made it! I love it and am so grateful to have some sweet reminders of you in my home!
    Hugs and love, sweet friend,
    Betsy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...